Enjoy living and working in Japan! You can find a perfect class for learning Japanese.
Are you feeling frustrated by not having enough time to study Japanese? Not sure how you can improve your Japanese skills? If so, please come learn with us. The Japanese Class at NPO Chikyu-Gakko is offered at an affordable price and taught by experienced and certified Japanese language teachers.
Three types of lessons
You can choose from three types of lessons to suit your needs.
We offer a wide range of levels from everyday Japanese to Business Japanese
We offer different levels so you can choose lessons according to your needs, whether you want to master Business Japanese or learn everyday Japanese.
We now offer lessons via Skype!
On-site lessons are offered so you can have your lessons at your office. Lessons through Skype are also available.
Private / Group
- want to study Japanese at their own pace
- want to be ready for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test
- want to study after work
- want to practice job interviews
- want to learn Japanese as much as possible during a short stay in Japan
Date and Time
You can consult with your instructor and decide your lesson date and time.
Lesson Fees: （Private）
One 2-hour lesson 4,000 yen
One 1.5-hour lesson 3,000 yen
*Please note that the monthly lesson fee must be paid in advance.
*If you’d like to take a lesson with your colleague or friend, you can take group lessons at a discounted fee.
How to enroll
- Recommended for people who want to study Japanese with friends or colleagues.
1) Kanji Café (you can start at any time)
Date and Time: Every Saturday 1:30PM – 3:30PM (You can come and go as you like during the class)
Location: Kanagawa Kenmin Center 10th floor
Fee: 500 yen per day or 5,000 yen for 11 days
Study kanji on your own. We will help you with any questions you may have. Then take a quiz. If you pass the quiz, you can move on to the next level. Thus, you can improve your understanding of kanji.
2) Preparatory course for JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) N2 and N3
The course opens in February and September.
Date and time: Every Saturday, 10:30AM – 12:30AM (time is subject to change)
February course fee: 30,000 yen for 20 classes
September course fee: 18,000 yen for 12 classes
A free sample exam is included.
・The fee must be paid in full in advance. If you enroll in the course after it has started, the fee is 1,500 yen per class.
・The course requires a minimum of 5 students. If the minimum requirement is not met, the course may not be held.
・Please contact us if you are planning to take the N1 test.
How to enroll
Recommended for those who can’t commute
regularly or want to learn remotely.
- Business Japanese lesson cover topics such as how to talk on the phone,
how to take notes, making inquiries, asking questions, how to say thank you
or apologize, consultation, giving and receiving advice, etc.
- Advanced level Japanese (use of honorifics, how to make a presentation in Japanese, etc.)
- Japanese lessons held at nursing homes